Monday, May 15, 2006

The Ghosts of Weekends Past

Classes are moving at their usual steady clip and the memory of the past 2 weekends grows ever distant.

2 weeks ago I was in Chennai, taking in the sun and the sand at MGM Beach Resort, sipping drinks in the shade, lying in a hammock under the trees and leisurely swimming in the resort pool. I played frisbee with cousins, had late night sessions of pictionary, ate at least 4 meals a day, slept more than 5 hours a day and even had time to catch an hour of an absolutely hopeless tamil movie playing in the theatres. It was life simplified, like a throwback to times when things were easier and more pleasant and when men maybe had fewer cares in the world.

I also ended up voting in the TN Assembly elections for someone (both the candidate and a party) who / that didn't win. What is it about the Tamil Nadu public and change? Not a single party has ever been re-elected since MGR in the late 80s. Weird.
The indelible ink on my finger is sorta becoming steadily delible but I'm still proud of it.

Evidence here:



This weekend was a little easier. Spent Friday night and early Saturday morning watching M:I 3 in the theatres. A detailed observation may follow but for now, it was wonderful seeing Philip Seymour Hoffman chew up the scenery in every scene that he appeared in.
Watched the FA Cup Final on Saturday night. Awesome stuff and played some lazy soccer on Sunday.
Did some DVD shopping while wandering Orchard Road. This is Singapore, so needless to say, they're all original. Dr. Strangelove, 2001, Munich, Groundhog Day, Capote etc. were purchased.
I probably won't have time to watch any of this while I'm out here studying, but this builds up my collection to about 3 figures and one can always hope.

This is a packed life and a packed schedule but I don't think I'd have it any other way. This feels like living.

1 comment:

Incognito said...

What do u mean by, 'you were in Chennai'?
U never gave a call? :(

And I never knew u tagged me..!