Saturday, September 02, 2006

The Walk

The walk to campus takes me about 25 mins, if I really hurry. On a cold day, this can be especially painful and even the windcheater can be a curse.

Ever had the zipper flick you on the knuckles during a brisk walk on a really cold morning? I didn't think so.

However when its sunny and right about now it is (touch wood, touch every piece of surrounding visible wood) its abso-blooming-lutely delightful.

The walk takes me through the Fontainebleau town center, the focal point of which is this Carousel or Roundabout around which the cinemas, restaurants, bars, hotels, Post Office, Town Hall are all located.

The Carousel



The Hotel of the Black Eagle (L'aigle Noir)



My walks though are now seemingly at an end with the purchase of a 2nd hand bicycle worth 45E. Comes with locks, bicycle pump and other standard fixtures.
Yes! (small fist-pump)

Entry about cycling to campus next up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your walk to campus is also much more interesting than mine. But I get to cross the "famous" Portage Bridge! Or, if there happens to be a boat, I get to wait on one side or the other as the bridge raises and lowers. Total funness. I wish I could come visit you in France.