Monday, September 04, 2006

Eiffel Good - You knew that I would

Determination and a newly married couple who would have liked company ensured that this Sunday I found myself on my way to Paris for the first time.
For someone who has immersed himself in foreign culture, English movies as much as I have, the there was tremendous anticipation to see 'live' the stuff I've only seen on movies and TV thus far.

Will make several individual posts on the sights covered yesterday because a single post only appears to allow a max. of 5 photos.

Le Tour Eiffel is excellent... everything it is made out to be and a bit more. We couldn't quite catch it with the lights on and photos of that will have to wait till another day. It really is magnificent when you get out of the subway station, walk about a block and a bit and suddenly see the structure looming above your head. You probably need to walk another km to get the entire thing in one perfectly framed horizontal shot. All this is exhibited as evidence... photos below.

p.s. some are sepia, B&W attempts at high-art.
The couple in the last photo are Shreela and Abhi, whose wedding I attended in Cannanore about 2 weeks ago.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm jealous :(