Sunday, June 24, 2007

The Return

Its been over 6 months since my last post and I have recently heard that the 4 people who actually read my blog may have been wondering what I was upto. That in itself is sufficient cause to re-start bogging and supply them with the answer, which is... a lot.

After having successfully graduated out of b-school and lived to tell the tale, I've been working for the world's leader in for-profit language education. Its seems a far cry from the Indian software industry but come to think of it, it isn't all that different. Its equally chaotic, uses software to manage a lot of its operations and occasionally gives you several reasons to bitch about your clients / vendors but what it also does is pay significantly more, let you travel a great deal and be very entrepreneurial. If you want something done, go ahead and do it yourself but make sure you tell someone what you've done. The last three reasons is why I've joined them and nothing that I've seen in the last six months has given me any cause for regret.

...but this is on the work front.

I've also found to time to (some might say, 'finally') decide to get engaged (Aug 27th this yr) and married (July 14th '08) and this is cause for excitement, tension, mass panic, shopping, bankruptcy and delight all rolled into one big sensation / emotion. People around have slowly started the first stage of headless chicken imitations but I haven't yet caught up, though I'm sure I will have plenty of opportunity to do so in the coming year.

In the spirit of the update, I've also updated my photo website at Pbase to let people know where I've been and where work and other travels have taken me. Photos from Barcelona, which is the site of my most memorable work trip yet, are yet to go up, simply because there are several fotos to go through and its going to take a while.

Admit though, that these updates are a good thing and, since I now promise to try and keep these going for as long as I can, rejoice. Can you now reaffirm your faith in mankind, especially the 1980 Trivandrum born, lop-eared variety?

1 comment:

kart said...

Great! Finally back to the blog. Now I will have something to read every once in a while. :)