Saturday, April 29, 2006

Changes? What Changes?

I'm now slap bang in the middle of P2 exams. What this means is that, after Wednesday, I'd have finished 40% of my MBA.
Strangely enough I don't quite feel that accomplished. I don't feel particularly changed or enlightened. Physically, I've been sleep deprived and have probably lost a few pounds (not to mention the several thousands of Euros spent on tuition) but mentally I just feel a wee bit exhausted.

Maybe buried under the surface, under the exhaustion, the lack of sleep and under skin thickened by numerous assignments, case studies and Saturday morning review sessions lies undetected, additional intelligence; a subterraneous reserve pool of mental faculties that have been accumulating for the last 4 months.

Maybe when I go back home I'll hear people say that I seem different and somehow more mature and confident. Maybe I'll be able to debate the merits of a certain financial policy or the demerits of a financial pay package which consist of stock options. Maybe I'm a little more institutionalized than I think.

Or maybe not. Will I know?

On Wednesday, after my last exam and after the 40th percent of my MBA ends, I head home for a much deserved break. I will take an Indian Airlines flight from Changi airport to let my body catch up to where my mind already is.

And maybe when I get home and I meet friends, family and would-be family, when I go forth and freak out, eat rich food, drink my usual drinks, have my usual fun... maybe then I'll know.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

u bet u will know soon soldier! finally ul be able to read that vague looking orangish brownish paper that they call ET and KNOW just wat the hell they are talking about!
wat a proud moment!

Anonymous said...

Hey Ajay
I know this is a month too late but I did remember you on your bday but didnt get around to sending you an email *baad baaad friend*.. Good to see a blog from you after a long long time..
Love
sue

Anonymous said...

Hey Ajay
I know this is a month too late but I did remember you on your bday but didnt get around to sending you an email *baad baaad friend*.. Good to see a blog from you after a long long time..
Love
sue

kart said...

Delhi? Come to Delhi!