Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Random Happenings

Halfway point of week2 of classes. So far, not too bad. Each time I think I have no idea what's going on, I surprise myself with how much I actually seem to know.

Case in point... Financial Accouting.
Was picked in class by David Young to run through a Cash Flow Statements case. I actually passed muster and ran through the thing without problems. Full joy and what not...

Similar thing in Fnancial Markets and Valuation. Bonds don't seem to be a problem anymore. Woohoo!

Its Brazilian week on campus this week. Hosted by the Brazilian students, we have special screenings of movies like "City of God" and "Carandiru". We get guest speakers from the Brazilian High Commision or from their biggest retailer. We have a huge Brazilian flag in the foyer. We have special food and drinks. Its all a whole bunch of fun. The Brazilian week t-shirt is especially fun. See photo (click on it to see it full-size).



Next week is Italian week. I guess that means Pasta, Pizzas and a whole lot more fun.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice to read !! -- have you thought of an Indian week ? do you enough guys there to gather up ideas !! think of the right things and have a great show !!
nice to see you are doing great in finance ... that is what management is all about !!
DAD

Anonymous said...

Indian Week - I can ask Mr. Rohet Tolani, Dy. Chairman & Managing Director, Tolani Group of Compamies, who is presently based in Singapore to address any forum during your week - pl. let me know as & when you fix it

kart said...

And you can serve food from Saravana Bhavan. That will keep everyone entertained. Also if you need a photographer for the event, and are willing to sponsor, I'd be glad to offer my assistance.